Homestyle Chicken Chili
If you're looking for the perfect healthy recipe to warm up in this cool weather, look no further. Our chicken chili is delicious, and super simple to cook. Enjoy and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Makes 8 servings
185 calories per serving
• 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 pound ground turkey
• 2 cups water
• 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
• 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans - drained and rinsed
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season with chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.